Like bloodragers, frenetic barbarians are born with an innate gift that changes how they approach battle. Psychic power flows through a frenetic, bonding them to an element in the material plane and turning them into conduits for elemental power. Practiced frenetics are able to channel their gift into their weapons while raging to devastating effect.
- Potential: While raging and channeling this energy, your movement is unaffected by difficult terrain.
- Kinetic: Each creature within 5 feet of you must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier) or take damage equal to your rage damage bonus. You can repeat this as a bonus action on each of your turns while you are raging and channeling this energy.
- Potential: While raging and channeling this energy, you have advantage to Ability checks and saving throws to avoid falling prone and can’t be dragged unless the creature is two or more sizes larger than you.
- Kinetic: Creatures that move into a square within 5 feet of you while you are raging and channeling this energy must spend 5 extra feet of movement and take damage equal to your rage damage bonus to do so. A successful saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier) negates the damage.
- Potential: Thin and wispy flames wreathe your body, shedding bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. You gain resistance to fire or cold damage (your choice) until your rage ends or you channel energy differently.
- Kinetic: Flames erupt from your weapon, shedding bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. While the weapon is ablaze, it deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to any target it hits. The flames last until your rage ends, you channel energy differently, or until you drop or sheathe the weapon.
- Potential: While raging and channeling this energy, spells and other magical effects can neither reduce your speed nor cause you to be paralyzed or restrained.
- Kinetic: Your weapon attacks ignore resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage until your rage ends or you channel energy differently.
Beginning at 6th level, if you do not move on your turn, add your Rage Damage bonus to damage dealt while you channel kinetic energy and reduce damage dealt to you by that amount while you channel potential energy. This reduction occurs before any resistance is applied.
At 10th level, you can choose a second energy type to channel. You can still only channel one type of energy at a time, but may switch between elements or potential and kinetic with an action or bonus action on your turn while raging.
Starting at 10th level, once per turn, you can reduce your hit point maximum by an amount equal to your rage damage bonus (no action required by you). When you do, you can also enter a rage, begin channeling potential or kinetic energy, or change the type of energy you channel.