Since you were able to understand words, you knew you would be destined for great battles. Maybe your family trained you to become a great warrior, or perhaps you hear whispers in your head promising great rewards. Whatever the case, you were chosen and this fact alone motivates you and your allies to go the extra mile when swords clash. Swearing the oath of the chosen binds you to a glorious destiny!
Tenets of the Chosen
Seek Honor Through Battle. If a situation can be resolved with a honorable battle between factions that recognize valor, this will be your chosen course of action. Those who do not respect your position shall be treated with tyranny, treachery and all the lowest forms of combat.
Uphold your Position. You shall demand to be listened to if you believe you’re in the right, and you will have an open ear from the wise. No authority can simply deny your request, and any solid justification will be listened to.
Demand the River, Reward the Sea. When asking for anything you need on your mission, you will always repay more than what you have requested.
Oath of the Chosen Spells
|5th||Enthrall, See Invisibility|
|9th||Beacon of Hope, Bestow Curse|
|13th||Compulsion, Dominate Beast|
|17th||Geas, Hold Monster|
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Balance of Battle. As an action, choose one friendly and one hostile creature within 30 ft. The hostile creature makes a Charisma saving throw. On a failed Save, every time the hostile creature makes an attack roll he also rolls 1d4 and subtracts the result from the attack roll. At the same time, the friendly creature rolls an additional 1d4 when he makes an attack roll and adds it to the final result. These effects lasts for 1 minute. On a successful Save, only the friendly creature gains the effect of this feature.
- Unearthly Vigor. Your blessed presence brings renewed strength to your allies. When you use your Lay on Hands feature, you can spend 10 points of healing and your Channel Divinity to remove a single level of exhaustion. No more than one level can be removed with this feature during a single use.
Aura of Valor
Starting at 7th level, your mere presence create an aura of inspiration that exalts those around you. All allies within a 20 ft. radius that successfully makes a saving throw, gain advantage on the first ability check or attack roll within their next turn. At 18th level, the radius of this aura extends to 40 ft.
Feast of Odinn
Starting at 7th level, you feast like you’re already in Valhalla. You gain the nourishment of a full meal from a single flask of ale or chalice of wine.
You ascend to your preordained fate! You gain your eternal reward before your final death, as you become a creature that can sit with the gods at their banquet. Starting at 20th level, you no longer need to eat or drink to survive. As an action, you transform into a divine emissary, gaining the following effects for 1 minute.
- You don’t need to breathe.
- You are immune to every spell that requires a Wisdom or Charisma saving throw.
- If a creature within your aura of valor dies, you can teleport at its location as a reaction and immediately make a single weapon attack or cast one spell with a casting time of 1 action or 1 bonus action.
Journey To Ragnarok © Michele Paroli 2018