Wondrous item, rare
A clear glass bottle with a jade stopper carved in the shape of the World Tree, there are ten common earthworms inside the bottle
A vial of worms has multiple potential uses:
- Taking out a worm, forming a circle with it, and affixing it to the forehead will grant advantage on endurance checks for up to a day. If the worm is removed within ten minutes and returned to the bottle, it can be reused. Otherwise, the worm’s use expires at the end of the day, and the worm dries up and falls off.
- Placing a worm in the mouth of a dead person will allow the user to speak with dead. This act consumes the worm.
- Putting the worm into the soil of an area will render it exceptionally fertile in a ten-acre radius, regardless of the original condition of the land or any magic upon it. This act consumes the worm.
- Putting the worm at the base of a sapling will cause it to grow to adult height within ten minutes. Adult-height trees will increase in girth, and broken or damaged trees will repair themselves. The tree will, in any circumstance, immediately bear the fruit or seeds of its species. This act consumes the worm.
- Cutting or otherwise harming a worm from the bottle will result in an immediate explosion, centering on the worm and doing 4d6 damage in a 60-ft. radius to every creature. The bottle itself will be unharmed.
Gods and Icons, Copyright 2016, Dread Unicorn Games; Authors: John WS Marvin, Vanessa Rose Phin, Connor W. Marvin.