Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 52 (8d10 + 8)
Speed 10 ft., swim 60 ft.
|17 (+3)||13 (+1)||13 (+1)||4 (-3)||10 (+0)||4 (-3)|
Skills Perception +4, Stealth +5
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
- Hold Breath: While out of water, the octopus can hold its breath for 1 hour.
- Underwater Camouflage: The octopus has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made while underwater.
- Water Breathing: The octopus can breathe only underwater.
- Tentacles: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it is grappled (escape DC 16). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the octopus can’t use its tentacles on another target.
- Ink Cloud (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest): A 20- foot-radius cloud of ink extends all around the octopus if it is underwater. The area is heavily obscured for 1 minute, although a significant current can disperse the ink. After releasing the ink, the octopus can use the Dash action as a bonus action.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
A storm of tentacles, each twenty feet in length, flails with deadly precision from the leathery body of this gigantic octopus.