Large aberration, chaotic evil
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 93 (11d10 + 33)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
|19 (+4)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||5 (-3)||11 (+0)||5 (-3)|
Skills Perception +4
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages understands Deep Speech but can’t speak
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Amphibious: The chuul can breathe air and water.
- Sense Magic: The chuul senses magic within 120 feet of it at will. This trait otherwise works like the detect magic spell but isn’t itself magical.
- Multiattack: The chuul makes two pincer attacks. If the chuul is grappling a creature, the chuul can also use its tentacles once.
- Pincer: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage. The target is grappled (escape DC 14) if it is a Large or smaller creature and the chuul doesn’t have two other creatures grappled.
- Tentacles: One creature grappled by the chuul must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
This lobster-like creature has a thick armored shell. A pair of tiny eyes gleams above a mouth full of writhing tentacles.