Large construct, unaligned
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 153 (18d10+54)
Speed 30 ft.
|20 (+5)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||10 (0)||10 (+0)||1 (-5)|
Saving Throws Str +11, Dex +5
Skills Athletics +8, Perception +6
Damage Immunities poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Languages understands Common
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Immutable Form. The clockwork myrmidon is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The clockwork myrmidon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The clockwork myrmidon makes two attacks: two pick attacks or two slam attacks, or one of each.
- Heavy Pick. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d8 + 5) piercing damage.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d12 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Alchemical Flame Jet (Recharge 5-6). The clockwork myrmidon can spew a jet of alchemical fire in a line 20 feet long and 5 feet wide. Any creature in the path of the jet takes 26 (4d12) fire damage, or half damage with a successful DC 15 Dexterity saving throw. The clockwork myrmidon can use this attack four times before its internal reservoir is emptied.
- Grease Spray (Recharge 5-6). As a bonus action, the clockwork myrmidon’s chest can fire a spray of alchemical grease with a range of 30 feet, covering a 10-by-10 foot square area and turning it into difficult terrain. Each creature standing in the affected area must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. A creature that enters the area or ends its turn there must also succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. The clockwork myrmidon can use this attack four times before its internal reservoir is emptied.
- Alchemical Fireball. The clockwork myrmidon’s alchemical flame reservoir explodes when the construct is destroyed, spraying nearby creatures with burning fuel. A creature within 5 feet of the myrmidon takes 19 (3d12) fire damage, or half damage with a successful DC 15 Dexterity saving throw. This explosion doesn’t occur if the clockwork myrmidon has already fired its alchemical flame jet four times.
This hulking brass and iron creature resembles a giant suit of plate armor; a constant growl issues from its midsection. It stands 9 feet tall and its squat head wears an angry expression.
A clockwork myrmidon always moves with moves with a powerful, determined grace unusual in most clockwork creations.
Elite Machines. Clockwork myrmidons are heavily armored at their joints and at most vital parts. They are much too valuable to undertake patrols or menial labor, and they are unleashed only for dangerous situations that clockwork watchmen cannot handle.
Single Targets. A clockwork myrmidon defends itself but does not initiate combat unless so directed by its master. When it does enter battle, a clockwork myrmidon is unrelenting and single-minded, and it attacks one particular target until that foe surrenders, escapes, or is defeated. Unless given other instructions, a clockwork myrmidon attacks whatever enemy is closest to it. A clockwork myrmidon attacks until destroyed or ordered to stand down.
Alchemical Tricks. A clockwork myrmidon is always outfitted with alchemical fire, acids, grease, and other special devices. An alchemist is required to keep one running well.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.