Medium fiend (demon), chaotic evil
Armor Class 18 (natural armor, shield)
Hit Points 119 (14d8 + 56)
Speed 50 ft.
|19 (+4)||20 (+5)||19 (+4)||15 (+2)||11 (+0)||22 (+6)|
Saving Throws Dex +8, Con +7, Wis +3
Skills Deception +9, Perception +3, Performance +9
Damage Resistances cold, fire, lightning, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Infernal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Two Heads. The demon has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks and on saving throws against being blinded, charmed, deafened, frightened, stunned, and knocked unconscious.
- Innate Spellcasting. The demon’s spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 17). The demon can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Magic Resistance. The demon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Trophy Shield. If the kishi demon killed an opponent this turn, as a bonus action, it takes part of the slain creature’s essence along with a grisly trophy and mounts it upon its shield. For 24 hours, the Armor Class of the kishi demon becomes 20, and creatures of the same race as the slain creature have disadvantage on attack rolls against the kishi demon.
- Multiattack. The demon makes one bite attack and three spear attacks.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) piercing damage.
- Spear. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, or 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.
This strong and handsome warrior has a snarling hyena’s face at the back of its head.
Dark Appetites. Kishi are two-faced male demons perpetually driven by their voracious appetites, carnal or otherwise, with a predilection for female humanoids. Kishi frequently behead, scalp, or skin their conquests and decorate their shields with their trophies.
Hats and Veils. Kishi demons masquerade as muscular warriors or glib storytellers, wearing elaborate headdresses or clan veils to hide the demonic hyena face on the back of their head. Deadly Charmers. They use magical and nonmagical means of persuasion to inveigle women into their embrace, but their trysts always end in a grisly feast upon their victim’s flesh.
Variant: Demon Summoning
Some kishi demons have an action option that allows them to summon other demons.
Summon Demon (1/day): The kishi demon has a 35 percent chance of summoning one kishi demon.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.