Medium fiend (devil), lawful evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 110 (13d8 + 52)
Speed 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||17 (+3)||18 (+4)||12 (+1)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)|
Saving Throws Str +6, Con +7, Wis +5, Cha +5
Skills Deception +5, Insight +5, Perception +8
Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren’t silvered
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 18
Languages Infernal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Barbed Hide: At the start of each of its turns, the barbed devil deals 5 (1d10) piercing damage to any creature grappling it.
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the devil’s darkvision.
- Magic Resistance: The devil has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack: The devil makes three melee attacks: one with its tail and two with its claws. Alternatively, it can use Hurl Flame twice.
- Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
- Tail: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage.
- Hurl Flame: Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (3d6) fire damage. If the target is a flammable object that isn’t being worn or carried, it also catches fire.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
From the tip of its lashing tail to the serrated features of its fang-filled visage, this fiery-eyed sentinel bristles with barbs.