Large fiend (devil), lawful evil
Armor Class 19 (natural armor)
Hit Points 142 (15d10 + 60)
Speed 40 ft., fly 40 ft.
|18 (+4)||16 (+3)||18 (+4)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)|
Saving Throws Int +5, Wis +6, Cha +7
Skills Deception +7, Insight +6
Damage Resistances cold; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren’t silvered
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Infernal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the devil’s darkvision.
- Magic Resistance: The devil has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack: The devil makes three attacks: two with its claws and one with its sting.
- Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Sting: Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) piercing damage plus 17 (5d6) poison damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or become poisoned for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
Merging the most horrifying features of carrion-fed insect and withered cadaver, this bony devil moves in unsettling lurches.