Large monstrosity, chaotic evil
Armor Class 19 (natural armor)
Hit Points 123 (13d10 + 52)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||16 (+3)||18 (+4)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)|
Skills Perception +5, Stealth +9
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Elvish, Undercommon
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Fey Ancestry: The drider has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put the drider to sleep.
- Innate Spellcasting: The drider’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13). The drider can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: dancing lights
- 1/day each: darkness, faerie fire
- Spider Climb: The drider can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Sunlight Sensitivity: While in sunlight, the drider has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Web Walker: The drider ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
- Multiattack: The drider makes three attacks, either with its longsword or its longbow. It can replace one of those attacks with a bite attack.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 2 (1d4) piercing damage plus 9 (2d8) poison damage.
- Longsword: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage, or 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage if used with two hands.
- Longbow: Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) poison damage.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
Created from the body of a drow, warped and mutated through special poisons and elixirs to take on the characteristics of a giant spider, the drider is a dangerous creature.