Medium construct, unaligned
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 45 (10d8)
Speed 0 ft., fly 40 ft.
|18 (+4)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)||1 (-5)|
Saving Throws Dex +4, Con +2
Skills Stealth +4
Damage Resistances bludgeoning
Damage Immunities poison
Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands Elvish and Umbral but can’t speak
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
- Diligent Sentinel. Empty cloaks are designed to watch for intruders. They gain advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks.
- Shadow Construction. Empty cloaks are designed with a delicate shadow construction. They burst into pieces, then dissipate into shadow, on a critical hit.
- Wrapping Embrace. Empty cloaks can share the same space as one Medium or smaller creature. The empty cloak has advantage on attack rolls against any creature in the same space with it.
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Shadow Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
- Shadow Snare. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: Large or smaller creatures are restrained. To escape, the restrained creature or an adjacent ally must use an action to make a successful DC 14 Strength check. The shadow snare has 15 hit points and AC 12.
Dark cloth of black and purple, stitched with silver and golden threads, this resembles a garment of elvish make. Smoke sometimes billows under the hood.
Silent Motion. A billowing empty cloak glides through the air, either under its own power or on the shoulders of its master. Its movement appears odd somehow, as though it moves slightly out of step with the frame bearing it.
Guards. Created by the shadow fey as unobtrusive guardians, empty cloaks are often paired with animated armor such as a monolith footman, and made to look like a display piece.
Shadow Servants. Shadow fey nobles sometimes wear an empty cloak as their own clothing; they use it to cover a hasty retreat or to assist in a kidnapping.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.