Medium monstrosity, neutral evil
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 44 (8d8 + 8)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||15 (+2)||13 (+1)||7 (-2)||12 (+1)||8 (-1)|
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4, Survival +3
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Spider Climb: The ettercap can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Web Sense: While in contact with a web, the ettercap knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
- Web Walker: The ettercap ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
- Multiattack: The ettercap makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 6 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage plus 4 (1d8) poison damage. The target must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself a success.
- Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (2d4 + 2) slashing damage.
- Web (Recharge 5-6): Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 30/60 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The creature is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained creature can make a DC 11 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect also ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage, and immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
This hideous purple creature walks upright like a man, but its face is that of a spider, and its hands are sickle-shaped claws.