Small elemental, neutral evil
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 87 (25d6)
Speed 40 ft.
|7 (-2)||18 (+4)||10 (+0)||4 (-3)||16 (+3)||6 (-2)|
Skills Perception +5
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Hide By Firelight. In an area lit only by nonmagical flame, a firegeist gains a +2 bonus on Stealth checks. This becomes +4 when hiding within the fire.
- Illumination. The firegeist sheds dim light in a 30-foot radius.
- Magical Light Sensitivity. A firegeist detests magical light of any intensity. It suffers the effects of being poisoned when inside the radius of a magical light source.
- Water Susceptibility. For every 5 feet the firegeist moves in water, or for every gallon of water splashed on it, it takes 3 cold damage.
- Multiattack. The firegeist makes two slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
- Combustion Touch (Recharge 5-6). The firegeist may ignite a target when making a slam attack. The target must immediately succeed at a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or catch fire, taking an additional 5 (1d10) fire damage at the beginning of its next turn. Until someone takes an action to douse the fire, the creature takes 5 (1d10) fire damage at the start of each of its turns.
Made of fiery smoke coalescing into a vaguely humanoid shape, a firegeist is little more than wisps of black smoke and spots of brighter flame.
Elemental Echoes. When a fire elemental meets its destruction in a particularly humiliating fashion while summoned away from its home plane, what returns is a firegeist. Malevolent and resentful, less than their former prideful selves, they exist for revenge.
Indiscriminate Arsonists. Firegeists are not adept at telling one humanoid from another, and so burning any similar creature will do, providing it is flammable.
Brighter Light, Darker Smoke. A firegeist can shine brightly or be primarily smoky and dark, as it wishes. It always sheds a little light, like a hooded lantern.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.