Large construct, unaligned
Armor Class 20 (natural armor)
Hit Points 157 (15d10 + 75)
Speed 30 ft.
|22 (+6)||9 (-1)||20 (+5)||5 (-3)||11 (+0)||1 (-5)|
Skills Perception +8
Damage Immunities fire, poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, exhausted, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses truesight 120 ft., passive Perception 18
Languages understands the language of its creator, but can’t speak
Challenge 11 (7,200 XP)
- Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The golem’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The golem makes two melee attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 24 (4d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage.
- Gaze of Ancient Light (Recharge 6). The golem emits a burst of blinding light, affecting all opponents within 30 feet who are visible to it. These creatures must make a successful DC 17 Constitution saving throw or be permanently blinded. All affected creatures, including those that save successfully, are stunned until the end of their next turn.
- Primal Voice of Doom (1/Day). The golem intones a disturbing invocation of the sun god. Creatures within 30 feet of the golem must make a successful DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened. Deaf or unhearing creatures are unaffected.
- Shoot into the Sun (1 minute/day). When roused for combat, the golem opens many of its eyes, emitting blinding light. All ranged attacks, including ranged spells that require a spell attack roll, are made with disadvantage against the golem. The effect persists as long as the eye golem desires, up to a total of 1 minute (10 rounds) per day.
An eye golem is muscular giant, well-proportioned with smooth, marble-white skin covered in eye-like sigils. When it opens one of its eyes opens for a moment, a beam as bright as the sun shines forth, piercing the darkness.
Covered in Arcana. Eye golems stand at least ten feet tall, and their magically durable hide is covered with real eyes as well as arcane sigils that resemble eyes.
Blinds Victims. An eye golem rarely kills its victims, but leaves them blinded, wandering and tormented, seeing only visions of the eye golem flashing through their memory. This drives some mad while others instead choose to serve the golem, becoming devoted to the one who still holds sight.
All Eyes Open. When killed, an eye golem does not simply fall down dead. All of its eyes open at once, a deafening bellow is heard for miles, and a blinding burst of light shines from the body. When the light and noise stop, hundreds of perfectly preserved eyeballs are left on the ground, still warm and fresh and without scars or damage. Thin beams of arcane energy connecting the eyes to their owners can be detected with a successful DC 25 Intelligence (Arcana) check. Those who wield the central eye once the golem is slain can use it to restore stolen eyes to their victims.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.