Large construct, unaligned
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 110 (11d10 + 55)
Speed 20 ft.
|20 (+5)||9 (-1)||20 (+5)||3 (-4)||11 (-0)||1 (-5)|
Skills Athletics +9
Damage Immunities fire, poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can’t speak
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
- Blinding Salt Spray. Any time the golem is hit in combat, thousands of tiny salt crystals erupt from its body. All creatures within 5 feet of the golem must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or become blinded for 1d3 rounds.
- Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The golem’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The golem makes two slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (5d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a successful DC 17 Constitution saving throw or gain one level of exhaustion.
A salt golem is a crudely sculpted, roughly humanoid crystalline form that shuffles about on wide, stump-like feet. Tiny salt crystals fall from its body in a glittering cloud with every step.
Coastal Druids. These unnatural creatures are created by druids and others living in coastal or desert regions, or by those who seek to wage war with creatures susceptible to the warding powers of salt. Stories tell of a druid who built a squad of nine salt golems to combat a rampaging zmey. The salt warriors waged a long hunt and eventually killed the powerful dragon in its lair while the creator druid and her wizard companion reaped the spoils of its hoard.
Crystalline and Silent. A salt golem has a crudely formed humanoid body made of crystalline salts. It wears no clothing or armor and carries no weapons or other possessions. It cannot speak-the only sound it makes is the susurrus of sliding sand as it moves. A salt golem is incapable of strategy or tactics. It mindlessly fights until it destroys its opponents or until ordered to stop by its creator.
Valuable Remains. A salt golem stands about eight feet tall and weighs around 1,000 lb. A salt golem’s body is formed from a composite of at least 1,000 lb of rare salts and minerals worth at least 2,500 gp.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.