Large celestial, chaotic good
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 153 (18d10 + 54)
Speed 40 ft., fly 40 ft.
|20 (+5)||14 (+1)||16 (+3)||4 (-3)||20 (+5)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Con +7, Wis +9, Cha +8
Skills Athletics +9, Insight +9, Perception +9
Damage Resistances lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities acid, psychic
Condition Immunities blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, stunned, unconscious
Senses blindsight 60 ft., passive Perception 20
Languages understands Celestial and Primordial, but cannot speak intelligibly
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
- Brainless. Hunduns are immune to all mind-affecting spells and effects. Trying to contact or read a hundun’s mind results in the caster becoming confused for 1 round, as per the spell.
- Dance of Creation. Hunduns can perform an act of magical creation almost unlimited in scope every 1d8 days. The effect is equivalent to a wish spell, but it must create something.
- Enlightening Befuddlement. When a hundun’s confusion spell affects a target, it can elect to use the following table rather than the standard one:
- Innate Spellcasting. The hundun’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 17). It can cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Constant: confusion (always centered on the hundun), detect thoughts
- At will: create or destroy water, dancing lights, mending, prestidigitation
- 3/day: compulsion, dimension door, black tentacles, irresistible dance
- 1/day: awaken, creation, heroes’ feast, magnificent mansion, plant growth, reincarnate, stone shape
- Magic Weapons. The hundun’s weapon attacks are magical.
|01-10||Inspired: +2 circumstance bonus to skill checks, saving throws, and attack rolls.|
|11-20||Distracted: -2 penalty to skill checks, saving throws, and attack rolls.|
|21-50||Incoherent: The target does nothing but babble or scribble incoherent notes on a new idea.|
|51-75||Obsessed: Target is recipient of geas to create a quality magical object.|
|76-100||Suggestible: Target receives a suggestion from the hundun.|
- Multiattack. The hundun makes four slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (3d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
A toothless mouth adorns the headless shoulders of this oversized, four-armed, doughy humanoid. Colors and half-formed phantasmal shapes appear and vanish around it, to the creature’s obvious delight.
Creative Chaos. Wise yet child-like creatures of chaos, hunduns are four-armed, headless humanoids that embody spontaneous creation and the confusion that precedes enlightenment. Taking delight in creation of all kinds, they bring change to the staid and stagnant, spin revelation from confusion, and inspire moments of great creation-from works of art to new nations and faiths, and even the formation of planets and planes.
Nonsense Speech. Although not mindless, hunduns rarely seem to act out of conscious thought, yet their actions seem wise and usually benevolent. They communicate only in nonsense words, but have no trouble communicating among themselves or acting in coordination with other hunduns.
Flesh of Creation. Hundun blood is a powerful catalyst, and their spittle a potent drug. Each hundun’s heart is an artifact that can give birth to new concepts, powers, or even worlds. Obviously, the hundun must die for its heart to be used this way, but this is a sacrifice one might make willingly under the right circumstances.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.