Medium monstrosity, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 90 (12d8 + 36)
Speed 40 ft.
|16 (+3)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)||13 (+1)||16 (+3)||21 (+5)|
- Pounce. If the likho moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the likho can use a bonus action to make two additional claw attacks against it.
- Innate Spellcasting. The likho’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 16). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: message
- 3/day each: crown of madness, mirror image, ray of enfeeblement
- 1/day: bestow curse
- Magic Resistance. The likho has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The likho makes two claw attacks.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.
- Disruptive Gaze. As a bonus action, the likho directs its gaze at any single creature it can see and afflicts it with a temporary bout of bad luck. The targeted creature has disadvantage on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until the end of its next turn.
Malformed like a goblin, this creature bears one large, strange eye in the middle of its face. It wears dark and dirty rags, and its spindly claws and arms match its hunched torso.
Ferocious Attitude. Likho are scrappy fighters; they weaken foes from afar with their magical attacks to curse and enfeeble enemies, then rush forward in a blazing charge and jump onto their foes, shredding them with their claws. Once a likho has leapt onto a creature, it shreds flesh using the claws on both its hands and feet.
Jeers and Insults. A likho uses its message spells to taunt and jeer its target from a distance during the hunt. In addition, to flinging curses and ill luck, likho frustrate and infuriate their enemies because they are difficult to hit. A likho enjoys stalking intelligent humanoids and tormenting them from hiding until discovered or when it grows tired of the hunt.
Organ Eaters. Likho thrive when they drain away luck and aptitude. Once the likho immobilizes a creature, it gnaws at the creature’s abdomen with its jagged teeth, devouring the organs of its still-living prey. A likho consumes only a humanoid’s organs and leaves the rest of the carcass behind.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.