Small elemental, neutral evil
Armor Class 11
Hit Points 22 (5d6 + 5)
Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft.
|8 (-1)||12 (+1)||12 (+1)||7 (-2)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)|
Skills Stealth +3
Damage Vulnerabilities cold
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Ignan, Terran
Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
- Death Burst: When the mephit dies, it explodes in a burst of lava. Each creature within 5 feet of it must make a DC 11 Dexterity saving throw, taking 7 (2d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- False Appearance: While the mephit remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary mound of magma.
- Innate Spellcasting (1/Day): The mephit can innately cast heat metal (spell save DC 10), requiring no material components. Its innate spellcasting ability is Charisma.
- Claws: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 3 (1d4 + 1) slashing damage plus 2 (1d4) fire damage.
- Fire Breath (Recharge 6): The mephit exhales a 15-foot cone of fire. Each creature in that area must make a DC 11 Dexterity saving throw, taking 7 (2d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
The following description was not included in the official SRD, and does not affect any rules or mechanics written therein.
This small humanoid creature has thin, leathery wings, small horns, and a mischievous smile.