Large undead, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (studded leather)
Hit Points 168 (16d10 + 80)
Speed 40 ft.
|19 (+4)||16 (+3)||20 (+5)||9 (-1)||7 (-2)||6 (-2)|
Saving Throws Dex +6
Skills Perception +1
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive perception 11
Languages any languages it knew in life
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)
- Life Sense. The risen reaver automatically detects all living creatures within 120 feet. This sense is blocked by 3 feet of wood, 1 foot of earth or stone, an inch of metal, or a thin sheet of lead.
- Pounce. When the risen reaver hits an enemy with its blade attack after moving at least 20 feet, the target creature must make a DC 15 Strength saving throw. On a failure, the creature falls prone and the risen reaver can use a bonus action to make a single blade attack.
- Infused Arsenal. As a bonus action, the risen reaver can absorb one unattended weapon into its body. For every weapon it absorbs, it deals +1 damage with its blade attacks.
- Skitter. The risen reaver can take the Dash action as a bonus action.
- Multiattack. The risen reaver makes three blade attacks.
- Blade. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 15 (2d10 + 4) slashing damage.
A body that might once have been human now has four legs and nightmarishly long, thick arms. What’s worse, its skin has been flayed off, revealing the dead muscle and sinew beneath.
Spirit of War. The risen reaver is an undead born from a warrior fallen on the battlefield. Its body becomes an avatar of combat, with four legs and a pair of long, heavy arms. In the process, it sheds its skin, becoming entirely undead muscle, bone, and sinew.
Absorb Weapons. When risen reavers take form, they absorb all weapons around them. Some of these weapons pierce their bodies, and others become part of the risen reaver’s armament.
Their four legs are tipped with blades on which they walk like metallic spiders. Their arms are covered in weaponry infused into their flesh, which they use to crush and flay any living creatures they encounter.
Battle Mad. Risen reavers are battle-maddened spirits of vengeance and slaughter, obsessed with the chaos of combat that led to their own death. They hunt the living with the sole purpose of killing, and they thrive on violence and murder. As they died, so should others die.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.