Large aberration, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 144 (17d10 + 51)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
|14 (+2)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||17 (+3)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)|
Saving Throws Dex +6, Con +6, Int +6
Skills Athletics +5, Perception +3, Stealth +6
Damage Resistances poison
Condition Immunities charmed, poisoned, unconscious
Senses darkvision 240 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Void Speech
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)
- Eldritch Understanding. A spider of Leng can read and use any scroll.
- Innate Spellcasting. The spider of Leng’s innate spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: comprehend languages, detect magic, shocking grasp
- 3/day each: shield, silence
- 1/day each: arcane eye, confusion, hypnotic pattern, stoneskin
- Poisonous Blood. An attacker who hits a spider of Leng with a melee attack from within 5 feet must make a successful DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or take 7 (2d6) poison damage and be poisoned until the start of its next turn.
- Shocking Riposte. When a spider of Leng casts shield, it can also make a shocking grasp attack for 9 (2d8) lightning damage against one enemy within 5 feet as part of the same reaction.
These bloated purple spiders have small claws on their front legs that serve them as handlike manipulators. Their abdomens are a sickly purple-white.
Hate Humanoids. The nefarious spiders of Leng are highly intelligent. They are a very ancient race, steeped in evil lore and hideous malice, with an abiding hatred for all humanoid races. They sometimes keep ghostwalk spiders as guardians or soldiers.
Dangerous Blood. Their blood is poisonous and corrosive to most creatures native to the Material Plane. The folk of Leng prize it in the making of etheric harpoons and enchanted nets.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.