Medium aberration, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 67 (9d8 + 27)
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
|18 (+4)||13 (+1)||16 (+3)||9 (-1)||8 (-1)||7 (-2)|
Damage Vulnerabilities psychic
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned; Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 9
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Horrifying Appearance. Each non-aberration creature that can see the alien and starts its turn within 30 feet of the alien must make a DC 14 Wisdom saving throw if the alien is not incapacitated. A creature that fails the save is frightened for 1 minute. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the creature also gains a short-term madness. A creature frightened by this effect can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success. A creature that makes the saving throw or ends the effect on itself is immune to this alien’s horrifying appearance for 24 hours.
- Multiattack. The alien makes two attacks: one with its claws and one with its bite.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d12 + 4) piercing damage.
- Keening (Recharge 6). The alien emits a high-pitched shriek. Each creature within 60 feet of it that can hear the noise must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature takes 10 (3d6) psychic damage and is deafened for 1 minute. A deafened creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the deafened effect on itself on a success.
Unspeakable Knowledge Copyright 2018, Schwalb Entertainment, LLC. Author Robert J. Schwalb.