Medium aberration, neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 93 (17d8 + 17)
Speed 20 ft., climb 15 ft.
|19 (+4)||19 (+4)||13 (+1)||11 (+0)||8 (-1)||6 (-2)|
Saving Throws Dex +6
Skills Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +8
Damage Resistances acid, cold, lightning
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Void Speech
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Innate Spellcasting. The dorreq’s innate spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 10). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Wasteland Stride. This ability works like tree stride, but the dorreq can use it to sink into and appear out of any sandy or rocky ground, and the range is only 30 ft. Using this ability replaces the dorreq’s usual movement.
- Multiattack. The dorreq makes two tentacle attacks and one bite attack. If both tentacle attacks hit, the target is grappled (escape DC 14).
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (4d8 + 4) piercing damage.
- Tentacle. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage. If both tentacles hit the same target in a single turn, the target is grappled (escape DC 14) and pulled within reach of the bite attack, if it was farther than 5 feet away. The target must be size Large or smaller to be pulled this way. The dorreq can maintain a grapple on one Large, two Medium, or two small creatures at one time.
- Entanglement. Any creature that starts its turn within 10 feet of a dorreq must make a successful DC 14 Dexterity saving throw each round or be restrained by the dorreq’s tentacles until the start of its next turn. On its turn, the dorreq can ignore or freely release a creature in the affected area.
These twitching balls of tentacles surround an inhuman face dominated by a squid-like beak.
Mages disagree whether the dorreqi are something that slipped through with the Great Old Ones during the Mage Wars, or if they are creatures twisted and warped by the alien radiations of the Walkers.
Regardless, they are most commonly found swarming on and around the enormous Walkers of the Wastes, tootling strange, alien harmonies through their beaks.
Servants of the Void. The dorreqi are servants to ancient horrors of the void and realms beyond human understanding. They are guardians and sentries for such creatures, and they swarm and attack any creatures approaching too close to the elder aberrations they serve.
Death from Above. Dorreq prefer to drop on their victims from above, pinning them in a grapple attack with their many tentacles and biting them with their large chitinous beaks.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.