Huge aberration, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 97 (15d12)
Speed 40 ft.
|14 (+2)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||18 (+4)||15 (+2)||16 (+3)|
Skills Arcana +7, Stealth +6
Damage Resistances cold
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Deep Speech, Unique
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Aberrant Biology: A Leng spider does not need to breathe.
- Innate Spellcasting: A Leng-spider can use the following spell- like abilities, using Intelligence as its casting ability (DC 16, attack +8). The Leng-spider doesn’t need material components to use these abilities. It can cast dispel magic as a bonus action.
- At will: dispel magic
- 3/day each: invisibility, phantasmal force
- 1/day each: dominate monster
- Multiattack: A Leng-spider bites once and attacks once with web flails.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 14 (2d10 + 3) piercing damage and the target must make a successful DC 11 Con saving throw or be poisoned by Leng venom (see below).
- Leng Venom: A Leng spider’s venom causes flesh to blister and rot, reducing the target’s Charisma score by 1 point. It also triggers vivid and horrific hallucinations. A poisoned creature suffers the effect of the poisoned condition and must act as if affected by the confusion spell. The confusion effect ends the second time the creature rolls a 9 or 10 at the start of its turn (allowing it to act normally that turn). The poisoned condition persists until after the creature’s next long rest, or until the poison is neutralized magically. Lost Charisma can be regained through magic.
- Web Flails: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 14 (2d10 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
This creature resembles an enormous spider with the glint of malevolent intelligence in its multifaceted eyes. Its bloated, purple body moves with surprising grace on seven legs.
The immense purple spiders of Leng are hideously bloated, yet they move with a fluid grace. A Leng-spider’s body can grow up to 15 feet long, and they weigh several tons. Most leng-spiders possess seven legs, but some have nine, eleven, or five. They never have an even number, and the legs are positioned according to the rules of some alien symmetry that is unfathomable to human minds.
The spiders of Leng have long warred with that realm’s more humanoid denizens, but this does not make the spiders allies of sane life. Leng- spiders see themselves as the only entities truly deserving of power. The only creatures they do not continually plan to destroy, apart from their kin, are their magically controlled slaves—most of whom probably would prefer death to the nightmare of servitude to the spiders of Leng. Fortunately, Leng-spiders have no intrinsic way to travel to the Material Plane. They must use meticulously-constructed portals or other methods to visit this world.
Despite their legendary cruelty, Leng-spiders build lairs with haunting beauty from their own webbing and other natural material. Their webs are similar to those of ordinary giant spiders, but they don’t burn easily. The spiders’ artistry extends to traps as well; their homes are laced with devices that are doubly deadly to the unwary because of their disarming beauty.
In addition to their poisonous bite, a Leng-spider’s webs are also used as weapons. The spider attaches a weight (often nothing more complicated than a rock or a skull) to a length of webbing, which it then swings like a flail. Leverage from the spider’s long limbs turn these makeshift flails into deadly weapons.
Fifth Edition Foes, Copyright 2014, Frog God Games, LLC.