Large aberration, lawful good
Armor Class 14 (natural armor)
Hit Points 102 (12d10 + 36)
Speed 5 ft., fly 20 ft. (hover)
|17 (+3)||12 (+1)||17 (+3)||3 (-4)||14 (+2)||10 (+1)|
Damage Immunities lightning
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Tendril Curtain. When the tusked skyfish is flying, its wispy, electrified tendrils dangle beneath it and touch all creatures within 20 feet directly below its space as it moves. Any creatures in the path of its movement take 10 (3d6) lightning damage, or half damage with a successful DC 13 Dexterity saving throw.
- Multiattack. The tusked skyfish makes one gore attack and one tentacles attack.
- Gore. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d8 + 3) piercing damage.
- Tentacles. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one creature. Hit: 13 (3d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 10 (3d6) lightning damage. The target is also grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained. While grappling the target, the tusked skyfish can’t use this attack against other targets. When the tusked skyfish moves, a Medium or smaller target it is grappling moves with it.
- Stench Spray (Recharge 5-6). The tusked skyfish sprays foul-smelling liquid in a line 20 feet long and 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a successful DC 13 Constitution saving throw or become poisoned for 1 minute. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the creature falls unconscious for the same duration. A poisoned creature repeats the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
This horrid creature looks like an enormous flying jellyfish, with long, wicked tusks curving from its gaping mouth and tentacle-whiskers trailing behind it.
Alchemical Flotation. These aerial jellyfish waft through the air like balloons, suspended by internal alchemical reactions. This mode of movement takes them almost vertically when they wish, or drifts with the winds. They can reach altitudes of 30,000 feet.
Shocking Tendrils. Tusked skyfish catch slow-moving or inattentive prey in their tentacles, and sometimes fish in shallow lakes and streams. They can suppress their natural electrical charge, allowing them to manipulate objects or interact with other creatures safely.
Slow Mounts. When fitted with special saddles, tusked skyfish can be ridden without harming their riders, although their slow speed makes them most suitable for casual excursions or unhurried long-distance travel. The jinnborn and genies seem to find them congenial beasts of burden, carrying as much as 4,000 pounds.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.