Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 85 (10d10 + 30)
Speed 40 ft.
|17 (+3)||13 (+1)||16 (+3)||2 (-4)||11 (+0)||4 (-3)|
Senses blindsight 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Keen Smell. The giant ant queen has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- Queen’s Scent. Giant ants defending a queen gain advantage on all attack rolls.
- Multiattack. The giant ant queen makes two bite attacks and one sting attack.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage and the target is grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the giant ant can’t bite a different target.
- Sting. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage plus 22 (4d10) poison damage, or half as much poison damage with a successful DC 14 Constitution saving throw.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.