This massive pale weasel moves with lightning speed. Its white fur is stained red with the crusty remains of its latest meal.
Large beast, unaligned
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 45 (6d10 + 12)
Speed 50 ft., burrow 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||14 (+2)||15 (+2)||4 (-3)||15 (+2)||5 (-3)|
- Keen Hearing and Smell. The weasel has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
- Pounce. If the weasel moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the weasel can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d4 + 3) piercing damage.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) slashing damage. The target is also grappled (escape DC 13) if it is a Medium or smaller creature and the albino weasel isn’t already grappling a creature. Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and the albino death weasel can’t claw another target.
- Musk Spray (Recharge 5–6). The weasel unleashes a spray of foul musk in a 20-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Albino death weasels are ravenous hunters that spend every waking hour in search of food. Farming communities keep watchful eyes out for the signs of albino death weasel dens, since even large livestock, as well as the farmers themselves, are fair game to the creatures. Humanoids that inhabit forests and badlands, in particular, live in fear of albino death weasels.
Hunting Beasts. Albino death weasels often serve as scenting and hunting beasts for ogres, hill giants, dark folk, vampires, and creatures of the Plane of Shadow. These trained weasels respond to voice commands and often wear a decorative collar or a distinctive earring.
Foiling Invisible Intruders. Their combination of sharp hearing and their ability to detect prey by scent is believed to make them effective in sniffing out invisible intruders. Some wizards and druids rely on the weasels for precisely this reason.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.