Medium celestial, neutral good
Armor Class 20 (natural armor)
Hit Points 209 (22d8 + 110)
Speed 60 ft.
|24 (+7)||18 (+4)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)||15 (+2)|
Skills Acrobatics +8, Animal Handling +8, Arcana +6, Insight +8, Perception +12, Stealth +8
Damage Resistances cold, thunder; non-magical bludgeoning, piercing and slashing attacks that aren’t silver or adamantine
Damage Immunities lightning
Condition Immunities petrified
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 22
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal
Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)
- Innate Spellcasting: The agathion’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 14). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Constant: tongues
- At will: speak with animals
- 3/day each: cure wounds (3d8), protection from poison, greater restoration, wall of force
- 1/day each: heal
- Pounce: If the leonal moves at least 20 ft. straight toward a creature and then hits it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 19 Strength save or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the leonal can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.
- Protective Aura: The leonal is surrounded by a 20′ radius aura which acts as magic circle (fiends) and globe of invulnerability.
- Scent: The leonal has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- Multiattack: The leonal makes one bite and two claw attacks per round.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d8 + 7) piercing damage. If the target is Medium or smaller, it is grappled (escape DC 18). Until this grapple ends, the leonal can bite only the grappled creature and has advantage on attack rolls to do so.
- Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d6 + 7) slashing damage.
- Roar (Recharge 6): The leonal can emit a powerful roar. All within a 60 ft. radius cone suffer the effects of divine word spell plus 2d6 points of sonic damage. A DC 17 Constitution save negates the effect.
- Healing Touch (2/Day): The agathion touches another creature. The target magically regains 4d8 hit points and is freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, or deafness.
This lion-headed humanoid has golden fur, sharp teeth, and long cat-like claws on its hands and feet.
A leonal is a lion-like agathion, noble and fierce. Though gentle with their families and patient with strangers on their home plane, in battle leonals are deadly foes of evil and cruelty. They hunt fiends and other evil monsters, silently tailing their prey until they find the right time to leap and slash. Leonals pride themselves on their hunting prowess, and few land creatures can match their speed. Although capable of using weapons, the majority of leonals prefer to battle evil with tooth and claw.
Leonals like their battles to be straightforward affairs. They begin with a roar to put their foes off balance, then follow up with claw and bite attacks. They closely coordinate with others in their pride, watching one another’s flanks and setting up devastating attacks. They mainly use their magical abilities against large numbers of weaker foes and against those they need to capture or incapacitate without dealing harm to them.
Leonals stand 6 feet tall and weigh 270 pounds on average. Males usually have manes of either dark gold or black hair, which may only surround the head or may extend onto the shoulders and chest. Female leonals do not have manes, but may have longer hair on the back of the neck.
5e Fiendopedia: Nirvana’s Agathions. Copyright 2015 Inkwell Ideas, Inc.