Large construct, unaligned
This enormous creature stalks forward on huge fibrous legs, a purplish glow emanating from its eyes and face that illuminates the underside of the large mushroom forming out of the top of its head.
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 76 (8d10 +40)
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
|22 (+6)||9 (–1)||18 (+4)||2 (–4)||11 (+0)||1 (–5)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +5, Constitution +8
Skills Athletics +9
Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Damage Immunities acid, cold, lightning, radiant, poison, psychic, thunder, bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands the language of its creator, but cannot speak
Challenge 10 (5900 XP)
- Immutable Form. The mushroom golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
- Magic Resistance. The mushroom golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The mushroom golem’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The mushroom golem makes two slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 28 (5d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a successful DC 17 Constitution saving throw or gain one level of exhaustion, as mushrooms start growing on them. These mushroom wither upon taking a short rest or when subjected to any form of magical healing.
- Spore Release. Any time the mushroom golem is hit in combat, it releases a cloud of voracious, acidic spores. All creatures within 5 ft. of the mushroom golem must succeed a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or take 13 (2d12) poison or acid damage (mushroom golem’s choice) as the spores burrow into their flesh. If the mushroom golem chooses poisonous spores, the targets are poisoned until the start of the mushroom golem’s next turn and take 6 (1d12) poison damage. If the mushroom golem chooses acid damage, it reduces the damage threshold of any objects affected by the damage inflicted until the end of the mushroom golem’s next turn. Anyone who fails the saving throw is covered with small mushrooms. These mushroom wither upon taking a short rest or when subjected to any form of magical healing.
- Fungal Bloom. As a reaction to killing an enemy covered with mushrooms, the mushroom golem may take its reaction to command the mushrooms to bloom, immediately reducing the target to mulch. A target thus destroyed can only be returned to life via true resurrection or direct divine intervention.
Mushroom golems have vaguely humanoid bodies made from a single enormous green-spored parasol mushroom. They have no possessions, relying on their own abilities. A mushroom golem cannot make any vocal noise, but can convey levels of danger to plants through a series of swaying gestures. It walks and moves with a flowing, steady gait, as if a breeze constantly blows about it. It does not utilize its full speed unless threatened.
Mushroom golems stand 15 ft. tall and are 12 ft. wide at the shoulders, with the rest of their bodies between 4 and 5 feet wide for most of the trunk, widening to 10 feet at the base. They have two 10 ft long arms and 2 7. 5 ft legs. A mushroom golem weighs at least 2000 pounds.
Underworld Races and Classes © 2017 AAW Games LLC; Designers: Thilo Graf and Mike Myler