Medium swarm of Tiny constructs, unaligned
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 55 (10d8 + 10)
Speed 20 ft., fly 30 ft.
|8 (–1)||16 (+3)||12 (+1)||3 (–4)||7 (–2)||3 (–4)|
Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Damage Immunities poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks not made with adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, stunned
Senses darkvision 30 ft., passive perception 8
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can’t speak
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
- False Appearance. As the paper golem.
- Immutable Form. As the paper golem.
- Ink Blot (Recharge 4–6). As the paper golem, except it can also apply to the swarm’s whirlwind.
- Magic Weapons. The paper golem’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Swarm. The swarm can occupy another creature’s space and vice versa, and it can move through any opening large enough for a piece of paper. The swarm can’t regain hp or gain temporary hp.
- Paper Cut. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 0 ft., one creature in the swarm’s space. Hit: 14 (4d6) slashing damage, or 7 (2d6) slashing damage if the swarm has half of its hp or fewer.
- Whirlwind (Recharge 5–6). The air is momentarily filled with paper golems. Each creature within 5 feet of the swarm must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 7 (2d6) slashing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.