Huge dragon, chaotic good
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 172 (15d12 + 75)
Speed 40 ft., burrow 30 ft., fly 80 ft.
|23 (+6)||10 (+0)||21 (+5)||14 (+2)||13 (+1)||17 (+3)|
Saving Throws Dex +5, Con +10, Wis +6, Cha +8
Skills History +7, Perception +11, Persuasion +8, Stealth +5
Damage Immunities fire
Senses blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Common, Draconic
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day): If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
- Multiattack: The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d10 + 6) piercing damage.
- Claw: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d6 + 6) slashing damage.
- Tail: Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d8 + 6) bludgeoning damage.
- Frightful Presence: Each creature of the dragon’s choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon’s Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
- Breath Weapons (Recharge 5–6): The dragon uses one of the following breath weapons.
- Fire Breath: The dragon exhales fire in an 60-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw, taking 45 (13d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Sleep Breath: The dragon exhales sleep gas in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or fall unconscious for 10 minutes. This effect ends for a creature if the creature takes damage or someone uses an action to wake it.
The dragon can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The dragon regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Detect: The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
- Tail Attack: The dragon makes a tail attack.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions): The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 10 feet of the dragon must succeed on a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or take 13 (2d6 + 6) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.
A crest of horns sweeps back from the head of this dragon, leading to a long neck and serpentine brass body.