Huge elemental, neutral
Though at first this creature seems to be an earth elemental, you notice part of its body phase out of existence and back in again, as if it were made of interdimensional sand.
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 184 (16d12 +80)
Speed 20 ft., burrow 40 ft.
|28 (+9)||4 (–2)||20 (+5)||11 (+0)||9 (—1)||15 (+2)|
Damage Vulnerabilities lightning, thunder
Damage Resistances cold, fire, necrotic, radiance, bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage from magical or adamantine weapons
Damage Immunities acid, poison; bludgeoning, slashing, piercing damage from nonmagical weapons that aren’t adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, stunned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., tremorsense 60 ft
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
- Batu Solidity. The rakasa batu’s body exists at the same time in the Material and the Ethereal plane, in a state of constant flux between the two. Due to this unique state of everlasting change between the planes, rakasa batu cannot grapple or be grappled and have advantage on all escape checks.
- Earth Glide. The rakasa batu can burrow through nonmagical, unworked earth and stone. While doing so, the rakasa batu doesn’t disturb the material it moves through.
- Innate Spellcasting. The rakasa batu’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 14). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material or somatic components.
- Siege Monster. The rakasa batu deals double damage to objects and structures.
- Multiattack. The rakasa batu makes 2 slam attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (4d8+9) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature of size Large or smaller, it must succeed on a DC 23 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
These mysterious entities first appeared along the Amber Roads shortly before the Confluence, blocking certain passages in an attempt to curb the destruction soon to wreak havoc across the interplanar transitway.
Their efforts were for naught, but the creatures found spiritual kinship with dwarves, in particular the zwerc—rakasa batu emissaries can now be found in virtually every one of their pocket demiplanes and, as time passes, more and more frequently in the endless caves of Aventyr. Encountering one of these creatures in the Underworld can be a dangerous proposition; they know much about the world around them and the veils between planes, but those who raise its ire can quickly find themselves buried underneath stone.
Rakasa batu are generally 13 feet tall or larger, but can weigh between 300 and 6000 pounds.
Underworld Races and Classes © 2017 AAW Games LLC; Designers: Thilo Graf and Mike Myler