Medium elemental, neutral
Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 45 (6d8 + 18)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft, burrow (snow, ice) 20 ft.
|16 (+3)||12 (+1)||16 (+3)||4 (-3)||12 (+1)||3 (-4)|
- Born of Rime. A rime worm grub can breathe air or water with equal ease.
- Ravenous. At the grub stage, the worm is painfully hungry. Rime worm grubs can make opportunity attacks against enemies who disengage.
- Multiattack. The rime worm makes one tendril attack and one gnash attack.
- Tendril. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) slashing damage.
- Gnash. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d8 + 3) slashing damage.
These long, crusty slugs sparkle like ice. A gaping hole at one end serves as a mouth, from which long tendrils emanate.
Rime worms are sometimes kept as guards by frost giants.
Ice Burrowers. The rime worm’s tendrils help it to burrow through ice and snow as well absorb sustenance from prey.
Their pale, almost translucent, skin is coated with ice crystals, making them difficult to spot in their snowy habitat.
Spray Black Ice. The worms are fierce hunters, and their ability to spray skewers of ice and rotting flesh makes them extremely dangerous.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.