Large elemental, neutral evil
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 68 (8d10 + 24)
Speed 0 ft., fly 40 ft. (hover)
|5 (–3)||19 (+4)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||11 (+0)||8 (–1)|
Damage Resistances acid, fire, lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities cold, necrotic, poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Terran, Umbral, telepathy 60 ft.
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Incorporeal Movement. The render can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
- Regeneration. The render regains 10 hit points at the start of its turn. If the render takes fire or radiant damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of the render’s next turn. The render dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hit points and doesn’t regenerate.
- Sunlight Hypersensitivity. The render takes 20 radiant damage when it starts its turn in sunlight. While in sunlight, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.
- Multiattack. The render makes two claw attacks.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage. A creature hit by two claw attacks in the same turn takes an extra 14 (4d6) necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken. This reduction lasts until the creature finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Courts of the Shadow Fey © 2019 Open Design LLC; Authors: Wolfgang Baur & Dan Dillon.