Medium fey, chaotic evil
Armor Class 18
Hit Points 112 (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
|13 (+1)||19 (+4)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)||19 (+4)|
- Unearthly Grace. The eleinomae’s Charisma modifier is added to its armor class (included above).
- Reed Walk. The eleinomae can move across undergrowth or rivers without making an ability check. Additionally, difficult terrain of this kind doesn’t cost it extra moment.
- Innate Spellcasting. The eleinomae’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Multiattack. The eleinomae makes three dagger attacks and one reed flower net attack.
- Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 4) slashing damage plus 3 (1d6) poison damage.
- Reed Flower Net. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The target has disadvantage on Wisdom saving throws for 1 minute, and is restrained. A creature can free itself or another creature within reach from restraint by using an action to make a successful DC 15 Strength check or by doing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10).
Marsh nymphs are beautiful fey who hold sway over many wetlands, from the chill to the tropical. They wear distinctive dresses fashioned from reeds and water lilies.
Nets for Travelers. Eleinomae are cruel and depraved creatures that seduce travelers with charms and illusions, then lead them to a watery grave. To capture their victims, eleinomae weave a net from swamp reeds and grasses, and decorate it with beautiful blossoms that release an intoxicating, bewitching aroma.
Aquatic Cemeteries. They are known to keep the most handsome captives as companions-for a time, at least, but they invariably grow weary of their company and drown them. Many eleinomae preserve the bodies of previous mates in aquatic cemeteries where the corpses float among fields of water lilies, and they spend much time singing to the dead. Such watery graveyards are often guarded by charmed allies of the eleinomae or other caretakers.
Vain Singers. While eleinomae have few weaknesses, their vanity and overconfidence can be exploited to vanquish them. They are proud of their sweet voices and clever creation of songs and harmonies.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.