Medium fey, chaotic evil
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 97 (15d8 + 30)
Speed 30 ft.
|18 (+4)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)|
- Innate Spellcasting. The forest hag’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). The forest hag can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components.
- Magic Resistance. The forest hag has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Mushroom Stride. While wearing her skull headdress, the forest hag can use 10 ft. of her movement to travel from one giant mushroom to another up to 30 ft. away.
- Speak with Beasts and Plants. The forest hag can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a language.
- Multiattack. The forest hag makes two attacks with her claws.
- Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Staff of Decomposing. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a successful DC 15 Constitution saving throw or take 24 (7d6) poison damage. The staff can also dispel any plant-related spell.
- Illusory Appearance. The forest hag covers herself and anything she is wearing with a magical illusion that makes her look like an ugly version of another forest humanoid. The effect ends if the hag takes a bonus action to end it or if she dies.
Roaming the darkest woods is the forest hag. These monsters are birthed from a cursed womb. The Queen of Darkness or one of the other evil arch fey curses a child to become one with the decomposers of the forest.
Despoiler of the Forest. This hag wants the forest around her to become as rotten as she is. She lives on hallucinogenic mushrooms that continue to warp her mind.
Inner Rage. Deep inside the forest hag is a lost soul and that rage eats her alive. She enjoys tormenting others and bringing their downfall. Most of the inhabitants of the woods loathe her, but she is strong enough to survive on her own. Like some other hags, she can alter her appearance. This enables her to walk amongst other fey.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood