Medium fey, neutral evil
Armor Class 16 (studded leather)
Hit Points 120 (16d8 + 48)
Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft.
|19 (+4)||19 (+4)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)|
- Innate Spellcasting. The storm crow’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Light Sensitivity. While in bright light, the storm crow has disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Night Terror (1/round). As a bonus action immediately after making a successful melee attack, a malphas storm crow can cast magic missile through his or her sword at the same target.
- Swordtrained. Malphas are trained from youth in combat. They are proficient with all martial melee and ranged weapons.
- Multiattack. The malphas makes three longsword attacks.
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) slashing damage.
- Shadow Call. A malphas can cast magic missile as a reaction when it is hit by a ranged weapon attack.
Keen eyed and dangerous, a malphas is a winged fey warrior, dressed in finery. Her longsword often sport an ornate pommel or a rich scabbard. Among the fey, they are often referred as storm crows, meaning bearers of bad news.
Sworn to the Shadow Fey. Raised with a sword in their hands, the malphas are fierce warriors who serve the aristocracy of the shadow fey unswervingly.
Messengers. Laconic in speech, they nevertheless serve as envoys and messengers from time to time, though as much or more is communicated by the choice in messenger as in the message itself.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.