A stout and tall woman stands imposingly, her body clad in the finest furs, and her eyes wide with a sharp intensity.
Large fey, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 210 (20d10 + 100)
Speed 30 ft, burrow 30 ft.
|21 (+5)||15 (+2)||20 (+5)||15 (+2)||17(+3)||22 (+5)|
Saving Throws Strength +10, Constitution +10, Charisma +5
Skills Animal Handling +13, Athletics +15, Intimidation +15, Lore +7, Nature +7, Perception +8, Survival + 8
Damage Resistances poison; bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical attacks that are not bronze
Condition Immunities frightened; Senses darkvision 240 ft., tremorsense 120 ft., passive Perception 18
Languages Common, Sylvan, Terran
Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
- Earth Call. The mountain queen can summon and command up to a dozen earth elementals. Summoning or replacing each elemental requires a ritual that lasts for 10 minutes, and must be performed at dawn.
- Earth Glide. The Mountain Queen can burrow through nonmagical, unworked stone and earth. While doing so, the mountain queen doesn’t disturb the material she moves through.
- Innate Spellcasting. The Mountain Queen’s innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 18). She can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: heat metal, stone shape, move earth
- 3/day each: geas, spike growth, wall of stone
- Multiattack. The Mountain Queen makes three melee attacks.
- Cudgel. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 26 (4d10+5) bludgeoning damage, and the target must make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature’s movement speed is halved until the end of their next turn.
The mountain queen is a self styled monarch that rules over the rabble and monsters that don’t belong anywhere else. She commands her elementals to enforce her rule, and impose her presence across her mountain kingdom.
Though she remains content with controlling weak creatures that come to her for protection, she is known to jealously watch the valley below, and summons creatures that displease her. Sometimes she demands that travelers pay her heed if they wish to traverse her mountains, using her powers to make the mountain as difficult to climb for those who do not comply.
The mountain queen will accept payment in gems, labor, or even just a well worded compliment. She is equally likely to task the travelers to undertake a quest before they are allowed passage. In either case, it is not easy to defy the Mountain Queen in her domain.
Simple Settings: Savage Lands. © 2018, Fat Goblin Games; Author: Rick Hershey, Ismael Alvarez