Medium fey, chaotic evil
Armor Class 13
Hit Points 52 (7d8 + 21)
Speed 30 ft., swim 40 ft.
|16 (+3)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||14 (+2)||8 (-1)|
Damage Resistances acid, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, restrained
Skills Perception +4, Stealth +5
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Water Blend. The rainman has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks when he attempts to hide in water.
- Magic Resistance. The rainman has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The rainman’s attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The rainman makes two attacks.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage.
- Drown (Recharge 2-3). Each creature within 10 ft. of the rainman must make a DC 13 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage. If it is Medium or smaller, it is also grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and unable to breathe unless it can breathe water. If the saving throw is successful, the target is pushed out of the rainman’s space. The rainman can only grapple one Medium creature or up to two Small or Tiny creatures at one time with this ability. At the start of each of the rainman’s turns, each grappled target takes 7 (1d8 + 3) bludgeoning damage. As an action, a creature within 5 feet of the rainman can pull a creature or an object away from it by succeeding on a DC 13 Strength check.
Hiding in the heaviest of rainfalls, is a dangerous monster. The rainman is a cruel and vicious hunter. This fey only takes form in the rain and can’t survive out of water. It will hide in the rain and surprise its victims. Surprisingly strong, this fey will then attempt to drown the unsuspecting creature. They are one of the most hated creatures in all of Feyland.
Patient Stalker. Rainmen have been known to stalk their victims for hours.
They will wait patiently for the right moment to strike.
Deadly Drowning. If it kills a creature, the rainman absorbs it and leaves a puddle of water behind. Once a rainman is slain, it disolves into the ground.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood