Huge fey, neutral good
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 85 (9d12 + 27)
Speed 60 ft.
|21 (+5)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)|
Skills Perception +6
Damage Immunities bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons.
Senses passive Perception 16
Languages Giant Elk, Understands Sylvan and Elvish, but can’t speak them
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Charge. If the royal stag moves at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hits with a ram attack on the same turn, the target takes an extra 9 (2d8) piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 15 Strength saving throw or be pushed up to 10 feet away and knocked prone.
- Forest Stride. The royal stag ignores all difficult terrain within a forest.
- Innate Spellcasting. The royal stag’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13). The royal stag can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components.
- Magic Resistance. The royal stag has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The royal stag makes two attacks: one with its antlers and one with its hooves.
- Antlers. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d10 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
- Hooves. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 32 (6d8 + 5) bludgeoning damage.
Many fey say the most beautiful sight in their land is seeing the royal stag racing between the trees. The royal stag is the leader of all giant elks. This creature is often seen as a shining light in dark times. The royal stag protects the woods and other good-aligned creatures. It often accompanies the Oak Lord or Oberon on walks through the dense forest. Centaurs and elves are closely allied with this huge fey.
Prize Trophy. Many evil fey have a strong desire to kill this beautiful creature and keep it as a trophy. Legend also says that the blood of the royal stag can provide immortality. This isn’t entirely true, the magical blood will enable a slain creature to be reincarnated one day later. However, the creature’s alignment is also changed to match the royal stag.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood