Medium fey, chaotic evil
Armor Class 18
Hit Points 285 (30d8 + 150)
Speed 50 ft., climb 30 ft.
|20 (+5)||26 (+8)||20 (+5)||23 (+6)||18 (+4)||23 (+6)|
Saving Throws Charisma +13, Dexterity +15, Intelligence +13
Skills Deception +13, Perception +11, Persuasion +13, Stealth +15
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned
Senses truesight 90 ft., passive Perception 21
Languages Sylvan, Common, Elvish
Challenge 24 (62,000 XP)
- Innate Spellcasting. His innate spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 21, +13 to hit with spell attacks). The skeleton king can innately cast the following wizard spells, requiring no components.
- At will: blade ward, fire bolt, mage hand, minor illusion, prestidigitation
- 3/day: animate dead, animate objects, bestow curse, blight, confusion, detect thoughts, dimension door, dispel magic, dominate person, fog cloud, mirror image, misty step, modify memory, ray of sickness, sleep
- 1/day: circle of death, feeblemind, finger of death, mass suggestion, reverse gravity, scrying, time stop
- Magic Resistance. The skeleton king has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Spider Climb. The skeleton king can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
- Multiattack. The skeleton king makes three attacks with his staff.
- Staff of the Skull. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d6 + 6) bludgeoning damage. Target must make DC 21 Constitution saving throw or take an extra 21 (6d6) necrotic damage, taking half as much damage on a successful one.
- Summon Skeletons. The skeleton king can summon 1d12 skeletons twice a day and 1d6 minotaur skeletons once a day. They appear in unoccupied spaces within 60 feet of the skeleton king.
- Dark Smile (Recharge 2-3). The skeleton king fixes his evil smile on one creature he can see within 30 ft. of him. The target must make a successful DC 21 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become charmed for 1 minute. The charmed target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target saves they are immune to the smile for the next 24 hrs.
The skeleton king was once a good arch fey that met with the Queen of Darkness. The hideous queen changed the handsome fey into a monster. He is now the leader of the Autumn Court, a division of the Unseelie Court.
Shadowy Trickster. Even though this monster is deadly, he enjoys playing games with visitors to the dark part of the Feyland. He will dispose of them when he tires of the games.
Bone Castle. The skeleton king’s ultimate goal is to lure creatures into his castle made of bones.\
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood