Huge fey, neutral
Armor Class 18 (natural armor)
Hit Points 405 (30d12 + 210)
Speed 0 ft.
|22 (+6)||7 (-2)||25 (+7)||20 (+5)||26 (+8)||20 (+5)|
Saving Throws Constitution +14, Wisdom +15, Charisma +12
Skills History +5, Insight +15, Perception +15
Damage Vulnerabilities fire
Damage Resistances bludgeoning and piercing damage from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison
Condition Immunities charmed, paralyzed, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 25
Challenge 24 (62,000 XP)
- False Appearance. If the elder tree remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from a huge tree.
- Forest Sense. The elder tree knows when harm is being done to the forest it lives in.
- Innate Spellcasting. The elder tree’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 24, +19 to hit with spell attacks). The elder tree can innately cast the following druid spells, requiring no components.
- At will: druidcraft, guidance, resistance, thorn whip
- 3/day: animal friendship, charm person, confusion, daylight, detect thoughts, dispel magic, entangle, goodberry, grasping vine (5th level), hallucinatory terrain, plant growth, spike growth
- 1/day: commune with nature, earthquake, foresight, mass cure wounds, move earth, regenerate
- Magic Resistance. The elder tree has advantage on saving throws against spells and magical effects.
- Speak with Beasts and Plants. The elder tree can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a common language.
- Multiattack. The elder tree makes five root attacks.
- Roots. Melee Weapon Attack: +18 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 28 (4d10 + 6) bludgeoning damage.
- Summon Treants (1/day). The elder tree can summon 1d4 treants, appearing in unoccupied spaces within 60 feet of him.
- Entangling Plants (Recharge 5-6). Grasping roots and vines sprout in a 60-foot radius centered on the elder tree, withering away after 10 minutes. For the duration, that area is difficult terrain for nonplant creatures. In addition, any creature the elder tree chooses in the area must succeed on a DC 24 Strength save or become restrained. A creature can use its action to make a DC 24 Strength check, freeing itself or another entangled creature within reach on a success.
Living at the center of Feyland is the Elder
Tree. This powerful being is positioned in between the dark and light sides of the fey world. He is connected to everything and everyone.
Deep Roots. Ultimately, the Elder Tree will protect nature above any other concerns. He can sense dangers and will intervene whenever nature is threatened.
At the Center. The elder tree sees the big picture and doesn’t usually take sides with either the Seelie or Unseelie courts.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood