Medium fey, chaotic neutral
Armor Class 17 (+3 leather armor)
Hit Points 78 (12d8 + 24)
Speed 40 ft.
|12 (+1)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||22 (+6)||20 (+5)|
- Innate Spellcasting. The storyweaver’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 16). The storyweaver can innately cast the following spells, requiring no components.
- At will: friends, mage hand, prestidigitation, vicious mockery
- 2/day: calm emotions, charm person, confusion, cure wounds, detect thoughts, disguise self, dispel magic, hypnotic pattern, illusory script, nondetection, suggestion
- 1/day: compulsion, dimension door, dream, greater invisibility, hallucinatory terrain, legend lore Inscrutable. The storyweaver is immune to any effect that would sense his emotions or read his thoughts, as well as any divination spell that he refuses. Wisdom (Insight) checks made to ascertain the storyweaver’s intentions or sincerity have disadvantage.
- Magic Resistance. The storyweaver has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The storyweaver makes three attacks with his quarterstaff.
- +3 Quarterstaff. Melee Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
- Creative License (2/day). The storyweaver begins a story and anyone within 60 ft. must make a successful DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed for 1 minute. Whoever hears the story, hears it in their language.
- Drone (Recharge 5-6). The storyweaver begins to drone on and on, any creatures within 60 ft. must make a successful DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or fall asleep for 1 minute. Sleeping targets are awakened if any damage is done to them. Another creature can use an action to wake a sleeping target. Whoever hears the storyweaver, hears him in their language.
The storyweaver is one of the most mysterious figures in all of Feyland.
Nobody knows how old he is or where he comes from. He is not allied with the two feuding courts and is truly a wild fey.
Legendary Tales. The incredible history and stories of the fey are collected by this strange character.
Seer. More than any other creature, except maybe the Elder Tree, the storyweaver has a window into the future.
Important Lessons. If one listens to the tales of the storyweaver, they can always learn lessons that will help them in their lives. However, it is not a good idea to get on his bad side.
Monsters of Feyland A Collection Of Monsters For 5th Edition © 2018 Cawood Publishing, Author Andrew Cawood