Large fiend (demon), chaotic evil
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 95 (10d10 + 40)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
|21 (+5)||18 (+4)||19 (+4)||10 (+0)||12 (+1)||15 (+2)|
Saving Throws Dex +7, Con +7, Wis +4
Skills Intimidation +5, Perception +4, Stealth +7
Damage Vulnerabilities cold
Damage Resistances fire, lightning, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities frightened, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Ape, Infernal, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 6 (2,300 XP)
- Diseased Ichor. Every time the apau perape takes piercing or slashing damage, a spray of caustic blood spurts from the wound toward the attacker. This spray forms a line 10 feet long and 5 feet wide. The first creature in the line must make a successful DC 15 Constitution saving throw against disease or be infected by demon lord of ape’s Ichor disease. The creature is poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the target must repeat the Constitution saving throw or reduce its hit point maximum by 5 (2d4). The disease is cured on a success. The target dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0. This reduction to the target’s hit point maximum lasts until the disease is cured.
- Innate Spellcasting. The apau perape is an innate spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13). The apau perape can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Magic Resistance. The apau perape has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Multiattack. The apau perape makes one bite attack and two claw attacks.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 5) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d8 + 5) slashing damage.
Sharp teeth fill this large, demonic ape’s mouth. Its long, muscular arms stretch to the ground, ending in wickedly curved claws.
Servants of Fire. These black-furred gorilla demons serve only the demon lord of apes, the demon lord of fire and apes. Their final loyalty is unshakable, though sometimes they serve others for a time- and they have no fear of fire, gleefully setting fire to villages and crops if their master is snubbed or insulted.
Fearless Attackers. The apau perape are fearless and savage, living for battle. Once in combat, their morale never breaks. Like their master, they have an insatiable hunger and do not leave any dead behind, consuming even their bones.
Eyes of Fire. When this demon is angered, its eyes glow a deep, disturbing red, unlike any natural ape.
Variant: Demon Summoning
Some apau perapes have an action option that allows them to summon other demons.
Summon Demon (1/day): The apau perape chooses what to summon and attempts a magical summoning. The apau perape has a 50 percent chance of summoning one apau perape or one giant ape.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.