Gray hairs make a savage beard around the fanged mouth of this aged imp, its horns long since broken off near their base and its decayed wings bearing it aloft by the power of magic—while it is undoubtedly a detestable and wicked creature, it is hard not to find its tiny glasses a touch endearing.
Tiny fiend (demon, shapechanger), chaotic evil
Armor Class 16 (mage armor)
Hit Points 15 (6d4)
Speed 15 ft., fly 40 ft.
|6 (-2)||17 (+3)||11 (+0)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)|
Skills Deception +5, Insight +4, Persuasion +5, Stealth +5
Damage Resistances acid, cold, lightning; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren’t silvered
Damage Immunities fire, poison
Condition Immunities poisoned; Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Abyssal, Infernal, Common
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Devil’s Spectacles. Magical darkness doesn’t impede the imp-erosi’s darkvision while it is wearing its spectacles. Without its spectacles, the imp-erosi’s darkvision reduces to 30 feet.
- Invisibility (Recharge 5-6). As a bonus action, the imp-erosi magically turns invisible until it attacks or until its concentration ends (as if concentrating on a spell). Any equipment the imp wears or carries is invisible with it. The imp-erosi can recharge this feature by spending its action.
- Magic Resistance. The imp-erosi has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects. In addition, it is under the constant effects of a mage armor spell.
- Scroll Reader. The imp-erosi is able to use any magic scroll for spells of 4th-level or lower.
- Sting (Bite in Beast Form). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4+3) piercing damage, and the target must make on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw, taking 14 (4d6) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Shapechanger. The imp-erosi can use its action to polymorph into a Small beast or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn’t transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.
It isn’t safe to attempt to escape Hell but what can be done in the realm of devils that does not result in harsh and severe punishment? Some imps take the risk of and cross over into the Abyss, becoming thralls to demons. Once removed from their home, age takes its toll and withers their bodies, but not without expanding the fiend’s mind. Gradually it transforms into an imp-erosi demon, mastering its innate magics and always seeking to steal power (be it arcane or divine) from others.
Book of True Evil. © 2018 Mike Myler, published under license by Legendary Games.