An enraged mass of malcontents storms across the tavern, overturning tables, busting bottles, and browbeating innocent patrons.
Huge swarm of Medium humanoids, unaligned
Armor Class 12 (leather armor)
Hit Points 67 (9d12 + 9)
Speed 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||12 (+1)||13 (+1)||11 (+0)||10 (+10)||9 (–1)|
Damage Vulnerabilities bludgeoning
Damage Resistances piercing, slashing
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, prone, restrained, stunned
Senses passive Perception 10
Languages any two languages
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
- Liquid Courage (Recharge 5–6). As a bonus action, the bar brawl imbibes nearby alcohol to gain access to a hidden reservoir of audacity and grit. The bar brawl gains 7 (2d6) temporary hp for 1 minute.
- Swarm. The bar brawl can occupy another creature’s space and vice versa, and the bar brawl can move through any opening large enough for a Medium humanoid. Except for Liquid Courage, the bar brawl can’t regain hp or gain temporary hp.
- Multiattack. The bar brawl makes two melee attacks or two darts attacks.
- Bar Stool. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 0 ft., one target in the bar brawl’s space. Hit: 14 (4d6) bludgeoning damage, or 7 (2d6) if the bar brawl has half its hit points or fewer.
- Broken Bottles. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 0 ft., one target in the bar brawl’s space. Hit: 10 (4d4) slashing damage, or 5 (2d4) if the bar brawl has half its hit points or fewer.
- Darts. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 20/40 ft. Hit: 10 (4d4) piercing damage, or 5 (2d4) if the bar brawl has half its hit points or fewer.
The jovial peace of a drinking establishment can transform into a whirlwind of chaos and violence in a mere moment, and no one caught in the middle of a bar brawl can hope to evade it.
Mob Brutality. A bar brawl arises suddenly and violently, often after a vile insult is lobbed or an accusation of cheating is lodged. Once enraged, the bar brawl attacks indiscriminately, assailing both the faultless and offending patrons with whatever weapons readily come to hand.
Irrational Resilience. As a throng fueled by anger and chaos, a bar brawl battles harder the more one tries to kill its participants. Constables have found that attacks intended to subdue a bar brawl are more effective than blows that inflict serious bodily injury.
Fraternity in the Aftermath. Many an adventuring party has been formed in the wake of a bar brawl. Less fortunate adventurers have found themselves incarcerated once the constabulary has quelled the disturbance.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.