A dragonborn knight sits astride a giant lizard like a mountain of armor and scales, draped in crimson heraldry. The knight couches its lance on its saddle and begins loading a heavy crossbow.
Armor Class 19 (splint, shield)
Hit Points 75 (10d8 + 30)
Speed 30 ft.
|15 (+2)||12 (+1)||17 (+3)||10 (+0)||14 (+2)||8 (–1)|
- Cavalry Charge. If the dragonborn moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature while mounted and then hits with a lance attack on the same turn, it can make a trample attack against that creature as a bonus action.
- Locked Saddle. The dragonborn can’t be knocked prone, dismounted, or moved against its will while mounted.
- Mounted Warrior. The dragonborn is rarely seen without its giant lizard mount. The lizard wears custom scale mail that raises its Armor Class to 15. While the dragonborn is mounted, the giant lizard can’t be charmed or frightened.
- Lance. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d12 + 2) piercing damage.
- Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d10 + 1) piercing damage.
- Trample (Mounted Only). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Fire Breath (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). The dragonborn breathes fire in a 15-foot cone. All creatures in that area must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10 (3d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
Mounted Soldier. Dragonborn heavy cavalry crash through the fields of war like a wall of scales and iron, breaking through enemy lines with the combined might of their lances and the weight of their giant lizard mounts. These mighty warriors also enjoy the privileges of high society as recompense for their military service, instilling most heavy cavaliers with a sort of patriotism, even if it only lasts as long as they receive their promised gold.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.