Medium humanoid (kenku), neutral
Armor Class 14 (studded leather armor)
Hit Points 88 (16d8 + 16)
Speed 30 ft.
|10 (+0)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||12 (+1)||18 (+4)||14 (+2)|
- Mimicry. Ravenfolk doom croakers can mimic the voices of others with uncanny accuracy. They have advantage on Charisma (Deception) checks involving audible mimicry.
- Magic Resistance. The doom croaker has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Innate Spellcasting. The doom croaker’s innate spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- Ghost Wings. The ravenfolk doom croaker furiously “beats” a set of phantasmal wings. Every creature within 5 feet of the ravenfolk must make a successful DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or be blinded until the start of the ravenfolk’s next turn.
- Radiant Runestaff. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d8) bludgeoning damage plus 4 (1d8) radiant damage.
These oracles sing the doom of gods and mortals. In addition, they know the runes, and can keep runestaves and runespears humming with the power of runic magic. Assume that many Doom Croakers have mastered one or more runes (explosives runes and glyphs of warding), and that they have access to prophetic knowledge, such as the names of heroic characters, their goals, and the time of their arrival in a ravenfolk rookery or settlement.
Tome of Beasts. Copyright 2016, Open Design; Authors Chris Harris, Dan Dillon, Rodrigo Garcia Carmona, and Wolfgang Baur.