With carapace dulled and with antennae sharp, a roaching scout scuttles quietly through shadow and along walls, always evading notice while observing all around it. Their speed and stealth combine to cover a lot of territory.
Small humanoid (roachling), chaotic neutral
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 63 (14d6 + 14)
Speed 25 ft., climb 15 ft.
|10 (+0)||18 (+4)||13 (+1)||10 (+0)||14 (+2)||8 (–1)|
Saving Throws Dexterity +6, Constitution +3
Skills Acrobatics +6, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., tremorsense 10 ft., passive Perception 16
Challenge 2 (450 XP)
- Keen Smell. The roachling scout has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- Resistant. The roachling scout has advantage on Constitution saving throws.
- Stealthy Traveler. The roachling scout can move stealthily while traveling at a normal pace.
- Unlovely. The roachling scout has disadvantage on Charisma (Performance) and Charisma (Persuasion) checks in interactions with non-roachlings.
- Multiattack. The roachling scout makes two begrimed shortsword attacks or two begrimed dart attacks.
- Begrimed Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.
- Begrimed Dart. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 4) piercing damage plus 7 (2d6) poison damage.
Nose for Sugar. Roachling scouts hunt down and retrieve food and other goods their people have trouble attaining due to their appearance and social station. Scouts have an uncanny knack for locating sugar, which is a vital ingredient in a roachling’s diet. Their climbing ability and size also make roachling scouts excellent spies.
Watchers. While most roachling scouts are sent to search and find, they are also excellent at watching and waiting. Some cults of Akyishigal or Arbeyach employ them as lookouts and informants.
Prone to Distraction. Roachling scouts can be easy to lead astray with a new scent, a delectable bit of rotting fruit, or a mysterious tune. Their curiosity is their greatest weakness.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.