The thick-skinned, staff-wielding trollkin shaman barks rough orders to her brutish bodyguards in their guttural language. The trollkin grunts level their spears and growl menacingly.
Medium humanoid (trollkin), neutral
Armor Class 14 (hide armor)
Hit Points 78 (12d8 + 24)
Speed 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||13 (+1)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||12 (+1)|
- Regeneration. The trollkin shaman regains 5 hp at the start of its turn. If the shaman takes acid or fire damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of the shaman’s next turn. The shaman dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hp and doesn’t regenerate.
- Thick Hide. The trollkin shaman’s skin is thick and tough, granting it a +1 bonus to Armor Class. This bonus is already factored into the trollkin’s AC.
- Spellcasting. The trollkin shaman is an 8th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). It has the following druid spells prepared:
- Multiattack. The trollkin shaman makes two staff attacks.
- Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning damage, or 6 (1d8 + 2) bludgeoning damage if used with two hands.
- Inspire Ferocity (1/day). The trollkin shaman inspires ferocity in up to three trollkin it can see. Those trollkin have advantage on attack rolls and saving throws until the end of the shaman’s next turn and gain 10 temporary hp.
Guardians of the Lair. While the raiding bands of the trollkins pillage for their livelihood, the trollkin shaman and its grunts protect hearth and home, securing the base against other raiders. The shaman’s spells and affinity for beasts of the natural world help it maintain its status.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.