An immense bat swoops out of the darkness. Unlike most bats, the creature is a bright smear in the shadows with dirty white fur and red eyes that gleam with a spark of cruel intelligence. All of its exposed skin is bright pink.
Huge monstrosity, neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 76 (9d12 + 18)
Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft.
|19 (+4)||16 (+3)||15 (+2)||7 (-2)||14 (+1)||6 (-2)|
Senses blindsight 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages Abyssal, understands Common but can’t speak it
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
- Echolocation. The bat can’t use its blindsight while deafened.
- Keen Hearing. The bat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing.
- Multiattack. The bat makes two attacks: one with its bite and one with its claws.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 4) piercing damage.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d4 + 4) slashing damage. If the target is a Large or smaller creature, it is grappled (escape DC 13). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the bat can’t use its claws against another target.
Giant albino bats grow to staggering proportions. These bats are marked by the demon lord of bats and aren’t simple animals. They gather large gaggles of giant bats and swarms of common bats, claiming swaths of wilderness for their territories.
Creature Codex. © 2018 Open Design LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Dan Dillon, Richard Green, James Haeck, Chris Harris, Jeremy Hochhalter, James Introcaso, Chris Lockey, Shawn Merwin, and Jon Sawatsky.